I haven't writtten in a while cause I couldn't get in cause I couldn't remember my password! It finally came to me, today! Ah, man...aint easy living in the 21st century. All these codes, passwords, log-on IDs, PINs...
I think I remember Tony calling Mark Lind "Linder." I have this vision of him grinning and having lots of energy and laughing and saying "Linder" as he picked him for a kickball team or some other event that required excellent motor skills and sporting agility. Correct me if I'm wrong, Tony!
I remember Dan P. talking about semis. I learned my first type of semi from him I can't remember it right now (surprise, surprise).
The other day I thought about the hurdles. I dreaded those things. They were probably on my top five list of most-dreaded experiences in grade school. It was like staring down a rabid dog, baring its teeth at me. I honestly thought it was unfair for us little pipsqueaks to have to run and try to jump over soemthing that was practically half our body height. And I can honestly say this has not been something I have used in my life...at all.
I remember milk in the cafeteria was 3 cents! And on days there were chocolate, it was HOT DIGGITY FUN!
I also remember the big cinnamon rolls they would have, once in a while, as part of the lunch meal. I thought those were the greatest. If my memoroy serves me, they were usually served on "taco day." An odd pairing but one I never questioned as both food items were top-notch.
Cheers, all!
Anne
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ann, Great to hear your virtual voice. I did indeed refer to Mark as "Linder" but his correct full nickname was of course "Linder Bubberinder." And as you may have read I did get giddy again at the thought of picking him for kickball. Dan Pettis' dad drove an International for Schneider but I believe he was fond of Kenworth. Anything but Peterbuilt which he referred to as "Petercar". Peace out Tony D
Post a Comment