Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Zen of Kick Ball

Okay folks, granted its been a few years but as I recall it was always a NIGHTMARE when Paul and Tony were on the same kick ball team...throw Mark Lind in there and the opposing team members were basically just walking bullseyes. It was almost better to surrender immediately than subject oneself to the almost certain emotional and physical pain that was associated with this particular pairing of classmates.

I remember walking around with big red blotches on my legs and torso from where they had nailed me after quickly recovering the ball from what I thought, for one brief shining moment, had been a pretty respectable kick into the outfield.

I do believe that it was these early kick ball games, particularly when it was girls versus boys, that sparked my competitive (some may say vindictive) spirit. Even as I sit here typing, recalling those bygone days, I still want to kick some kick ball ass.

2 comments:

tonydoft said...

Mark Lind too, I want him on my team as well. I CALLED it!!! I just hope he's become more vindictive (like Rachel) in his old age. He was always all skill and no kill...but maybe he's dying to avenge Dewey's decking. Watch out Rach I can almost see those welts expanding. Tony

Anonymous said...

I figured it out, Rache! Whoo hoo! I am brilliant!
Wow. I have done so much in the last 2 hours (vacuumed my closet, sold a desk, found a lost battery) that I deserve a reward. Or maybe just a shower. More later, gator!