Welcome!
Wow. Has it really been 26 years??? I feel like I just got sent to the Principal's office for decking Dewey Jackson during a fierce kick-ball game. I think I still have my Kachina doll that we made in art class...what in 5th grade?
I don't know about you guys, but those elementary school days hold a very special place in my heart. So many wonderful memories. I'd love to hear some of yours. Please feel free to post to this blog any random recollections you might have. It will be a good preview for our formal reunion on May 19...and an opportunity for those who may not be able to join to be part of the festivity.
I am so looking forward to hearing your stories...catching up...and staying in touch.
Best,
Rachel Gardner Bridges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Indeed, time has flown faster than Kevin Frey in the 50yard dash. Rach, you had it coming for decking DJ like that!!! Not that I didn't do some time in the P.O. myself...but I'm pretty sure I was innocent...as I recall. Anyway, I'd stored all that stuff in the deepest recess of my memory and it's kinda fun to pull it out. My kachina was more lonely than I realized!
So a couple random thoughts to jar those of others: Jim Brew chasing Maggie W. all over the playground trying to steal a smooch. Kicking the other schools ASS at field day up at the high school track. Mr. Hansen intercepting my "Mr. Hansen is meen." note where he corrected my spelling instead of sending me to the p.o.
Looks good for me to make it to the reunion but I won't play kickball unless Paul Pehrson is on my team. Tony
Okay, I distinctly recall HATING it when Tony and Paul were on the same team (especially if I was on the opposing team). I feel the need to start a new post on this very topic...
Dude, I CALLED it. Paul and Tony ride again!!!!! Tony
Kevin and Tony, I believe, were both pretty fast. Unfortunately, they didn't have a suitable goal- I was just fast enough to catch Maggie on occasion, which is much better than the ribbons we got for winning during track and field day.
Who was it that force fed raisins (ugh) to me?
Post a Comment