It just took me 20 minutes to figure out how to execute a posting. It's good there are these events to force me into learning new things. I feel so web savvy, now.
But enough about that...Maggie, as I read your entry, I could hear your voice. I can't wait to see you!
Hilarious ruminations (is that the right word? or is that some sort of stage in the life cycle of mold...) on kickball. I remember thinking to myself, "I'm not half bad at this game...could be better ( a lot better), but definitely could be worse." And then Paul Pehrson would pummel me. So, yeah, I'm right there with you on that memory train. Dodgeball had to be the absolute worst. Whoever came up with that one should be tied to a brick wall and subjected to a spray of red rubber balls for a sufficient period of time to elicit regret.
I recently talked to someone in her 60s who told me that grade school reunions are the BEST of all reunions, so Rachel...I commend you. You've started something good, here. :) And I think we should hire you for the SPHS reunion because we have had at least 7 people working on that thing since last fall, and we have accomplished about 1/10th of what you did in roughly 3 weeks. That may say something about enthusiasm, too.
I will probably be rambling on from time to time until May 19, but for now I will end with a random memory:
Jim Brew's dimples. Always thought they were the cutest. Sorry to embarrass you, Jim!
Anne "I'm pretty good at kickball until someone whales on me" Sam
Saturday, April 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My most vivid memories were out on the playground and dodgeball also came to mind- it must have been traumatic. It's too bad we won't have the chance to try to kick one of those red balls over the school anymore- I don't think I was ever able too as consistently as Paul was.
Does anyone remember how Andy dominated the jungle gym?
Who else remembers getting kicked by the girls (maybe they thought we were cute?) in their wooden clogs?
Post a Comment